Do you ever have days that you expect to be perfect, and then you start off with something like this happening?
I decided that today would be a great day to review and make some microwave mug recipes. Starting with breakfast!! What could be easier than eggs? I’d done several successfully in a mug before so surely this would be easy…. They didn’t finish cooking. Luckily that’s an easy fix, just slide it back in the mug and cook it a little longer!
Here’s what I did:
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes (About 1 slice)
- 1/4 cup sliced celery (about 1 stalk)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 TBS Follow Your Heart Dairy Free Gouda Style Cheese (approx. 1 slice)
- A pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Lightly grease your 14 oz mug
- Add all ingredients to your greased 14 oz mug and stir vigorously with a fork.
- Cook on high in microwave for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Enjoy in your mug, on a plate or wrapped in a tortilla.
- Instead of tomatoes use diced red peppers
- Instead of celery use broccoli or cauliflower
- Instead of the Follow Your Heart Gouda, use Follow Your Heart Dairy Free Parmesan Style Cheese
- If you're in a big rush just crack 2 eggs and cook for 2 minutes
- If you're in a small rush, crack 2 eggs and mix 1 tsp minced garlic, 1/2 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp onion powder and salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes
I’m really excited about these “In a mug” recipes I’ll be working on this week. They will be in my first cook book that I plan to publish on Amazon by the middle of November. It’ll make a great gift for Christmas! So for now I’ll be posting amazing photos and stories but no recipes, those will be in my cook book!
Thanks for your support everyone!