Naomi is so grateful we experimented with this recipe. We have MANY variations now. She takes them to work/school as an energy-boosting, brain-powering treat. She refrigerates them the day before, just because. They are in her purse, and when she feels the need mid-class/shift, she has what is necessary to complete her required responsibilities.
They are gooey when they come out of the food processor, but spread nicely. Their nutty flavor is lick-lipping, uhm…, lip-licking delicious!
- 1 C almonds
- 1 C cashews
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1-2 Tbsp water, if needed
- Place cashews, coconut and almonds in food processor. Process until they are a fine powder.
- Add the dates and lime juice until a dough forms, like a ball.
- If dough is dry, add a few tbsp water to help it come together.
- Line 8x8 baking dish with parchment, with enough to cover the sides.
- Spread dough into the dish.
- It will be sticky. A wet spatula will help you.
- Using some parchment paper, press it down into the dish.
- Place in the fridge for a few hours to set.
- We added Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips as an additional taste treat.