There are SO many temptations out there, each seems almost sinister in its design to keep us from being happy and healthy. For those of us who are aging, and I know there are many of us boomers who are there, it seems that we’re reaching the age of new medical problems – diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroid issues, etc., problems that never crossed the mind a few decades ago.
Binge-ing in any form isn’t good for us, but nowadays it can feel even more detrimental. So today, I just wanted to share another recipe I enjoy.
Tip: One tablespoon of cinnamon can be a little heavy – you may wish to reduce it, or switch it out for a different spice you prefer.
- 20 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 1/2 C almond butter
- 1/4 C coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Finely shredded coconut flakes
- Mix first 5 ingredients in food processor.
- It will be sticky.
- Roll into small balls.
- Coat by rolling in the shredded coconut.
- Favorite Tip: Roll in crushed pecans instead for a decadent dessert treat.